geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Dynamic proxies
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:35:43 GMT
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Bavo De Ridder wrote:
> Don't forget the classloading issues you can have with dynamic proxies.
> Interface and implementing class (target) have to be in the same
> classloader.

	This is not true of the Dynamic Proxy features included with the
JDK.  See the class java.lang.reflect.Proxy, which accepts a ClassLoader
to define the proxy in, as well as a list of interfaces for the Proxy to
implement.  It may well be the case that the ClassLoader you specify must
be able to access the interfaces you specify, but I'd have to try to see
if that was even enforced.  They certainly do not need to all be in the
same CL.

	That said, it may be that App Server X puts additional constraints
on their implementation.  It would be helpful if you explained exactly
what you were trying to do and at what step you run into problems, so we
could avoid that for Geronimo.

Aaron