geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: WebServices & UI team
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:27:18 GMT
Gary,

> >I think that putting SOAP under JMX is questionable, but I'm curious to
hear
> > you elaborate if you care to do so.

> Well, with WebService (not only SOAP) interface, we can have a choice to
> build or integrate the management functions to a non-Java envrionment,
> for example, an enterprise wide management console, or an enterprise
> level web management application.

I agree with you.  Perhaps you missed a bit of context.  I agree with a WSDL
interface.  My comment was that the WSDL interface should be implemented on
top of JMX, rather than try to stick WSDL under JMX (which my reading of the
JSR 160 and understanding of WSDL suggests would not be a good fit).

	--- Noel