geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo standard Sun-API jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:11:30 GMT
Henri,

> The first thing I'm looking for from Geronimo is not a working J2EE
> server, but a redistributable version of [various Sun jar files].

Check to see if each one is covered by the Sun BCL, but at least the
JavaMail and JAF JAR files are distributable under the Sun BCL.  See the
Licensing page on the Wiki for more information.

The basic issue is that you can only distribute them as part of a package.
That is why if you download a James package, you get some, but if you look
in the CVS, they aren't there.   Part of the packaging process adds the
necessary JAR files.

	--- Noel