geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: OpenEJB
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:34:56 GMT
Richard,

> The current thinking now, however, is to create a new container system
> based on an architecture that more closely related to what JBoss did
> - Dain can speek more on this topic.

> I think starting fresh with good ideas from both JBoss and OpenEJB
> development communities is a good way to go.  Both architectures had
> advantages. It would be nice if we created something that leverages
> all that we know about EJB container systems.

I agree with you about reserving judgement, and also giving the project time
to bring in some code and then start morphing, but your idea that the
container should be about supporting pluggable services resonates with me.
Probably also with the Avalon folks, since a lot of discussion this year has
been on installable container services.  From what I've read so far in
messages on the list plug and play of services within the container is a
fairly common desire.  So hopefully over the fullness of time, that's what
we'll have.

	--- Noel