geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SVN?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:10:01 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes said:
> > Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > Want to try using SVN?  Is it ready?
> > Would love to if it isn't too hard to get people up and running. My
biggest
> > concern would be client support (availability of IDE integration etc),
but
> > maybe the server-side benefits (like move :-) outweigh that.
> > Do we have any SVN experts around?

> I agree. I've been thinking about installing it on one of my servers at
home
> to play with it. I'd love to be able to use it.

Yes, Subversion is around for testing.  I don't know if it is considered
suitable enough, but the impression I have is that *IF* SVN were to be used,
it would be better to start with it, and not migrate.  I get the feeling
that the Subversion core is more ready than the CVS migration tools.
However, I am not an SVN expert, and there are others here who are, which is
why I phrased my message as a question.

Client support includes http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/,
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/, and of course, the svn command line
interface.