geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Central piece: to JMX or not to JMX - Avalon
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:47:40 GMT
Alex,

> The FAQ from this point is:
> "Q: So is Geronimo going to be based on Avalon?
> A: To be certified Geronimo needs to fully support JMX and JNDI.
> ... etc ...

> I've already made a post to the effect of Geronimo isA JMX vs. Geronimo
> hasA JXM interface, and my preference is strongly for the latter.

> Has this decision already been taken to base it entirely on JMX ala
> JBoss? I really don't think that's the right way forward.

This community can make that decision as it puts together code.  FWIW, I am
big on choice.

There is discussion about the next generation of Avalon having a model that
allows "container personalities", so a JMX personality would be a
possibility.  Phoenix does have some support using MX4J.

I am cc'ing the Avalon folks to emphasize why this might be a good idea, but
it would be best of people interested in JMX support in an Avalon container
join dev@avalon.apache.org, and participate directly there.

	--- Noel