geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SVN? (was: geronimo-dev Digest 12 Aug 2003 21:59:40 -0000 Issue 39)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:00:18 GMT
Jeremy Boynes asked:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> > "sorry. no more CVS. it is a bitch to maintain. switch to SVN."

> Should be be planning for this, and perhaps move now whilst we are small?

Another thing to consider, but again Greg is the expert, is that this is a
huge umbrella with a lot of sub-projects.  Right now there is one module.
Moving between modules in CVS isn't a whole lot of fun, even if doable.  SVN
has a different model, which would make partitioning acces rights, and
moving things around a WHOLE LOT easier.

This project seems almost ideal to give Subversion a whirl, considering how
the project structure interacts with key differences between CVS and
Subversion.

> How hard would it be to move the javax.* stuff to a separate module
> and put it in SVN?

I believe that it just takes a request to infrastructure to set things up,
and then some quick lessons for everyone.  Subversion is already running,
and has a couple of sub-trees.

	--- Noel