geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [SVN] Eclipse and SCV: Subclipse: Not on Mac OS X/Linux/QNX/AIX/HP-UX/Solaris. OK on Windows, though.
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:52:32 GMT
> I'd say that a migration to SVN, whatever the potential benefits, needs
> to be carefully choreographed so that peoples favourite IDEs can talk
> to it and be able to avoid changes on the SVN server.

Unlike Eclipse, SVN works great with emacs.  What more do you need?  ;-)

By the way, it is one of the FAQ's for subeclipse:

  Why does Subclipse only support Windows?

  Currently the only pre-compiled SVN-UP library is released
  for Windows as a dll. The library can compiled for linux,
  so when the binary is released in that form I'll add another
  release.

Sounds like someone has to start collecting builds.  If SVN-UP works on
Win32 and linux, it should work equally well on MacOS, AIX, Solaris, et al.
See http://svnup.tigris.org/.

	--- Noel