geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: HiveMind
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:00:42 GMT
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> I also saw a lot to like in Avalon, but was driven away by
> the need for an explicit assembly stage to identify all
> components and express the relationships between them.

ref:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.a
pache.org&msgId=796538

You might want to revisit that, since they have been trying to solicit your
interest in collaboration.  Berin is quite sincere about their interest in
working with you.

There have been a variety of container efforts there doing different things,
but they've finally reached a point where everyone is starting to jell
around a micro-kernel model where the micro-kernel isn't a container from
the end-user perspective, but is a means for building a container using
pluggable container services.

I think you'll be very pleased if you start talking with them about where
they see the new container going.

	--- Noel