geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:50:30 GMT
> 2nd.  Develop, or otherwise obtain, a  fow blown  Java-based directory
system that
> supports the JNDI LDAP and RMI bindings.

It already exists and wants to come to Apache.  ldapd.sourceforge.net.  I've
spoken to the team leader on and off for months.  Myself and I believe some
of the Avalon guys are willing to co-sponsor its entry to Apache.  I don't
know if people plan to bring in such things as sub-projects of Geronimo's
incubation, or as separate incubator projects, but that'll be a question for
elsewhere.  I just want to make everyone aware of the project, which already
has substantial code, and an existing community trying to follow ASF rules.

	--- Noel