geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen Schluff" <schl...@oio.de>
Subject AW: Newbie question
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:15:51 GMT
Hello James,

yes after updating the project.properties with maven.javadoc.source = 1.4
and adjusting the package element as described below javadoc creation works
fine :-)

Thanks,

Steffen Schluff

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. August 2003 14:18
An: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Newbie question

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 01:14  pm, Steffen Schluff wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> I just tried to build the geronimo site according to the readme in the
> cvs
> and it failed when creating the javadocs.

I did hit an issue with Maven which I'm investigating further.
Basically it looks like the javadocs maven plugin doesn't correctly
pass in source="1.4" to the javadoc Ant task and so javadoc was barfing
on the 'assert' statements. Maybe its an OS X thing though...

> I have to admit I'm a maven newbie (even though I know my way around
> ant)
> but after reading the maven docu I wonder: shouldn't the 'package'
> element
> in the project.xml have the value 'org.apache.geronimo' instead of just
> 'geronimo' (at least it works afterwards ;-)).

Well spotted! :)

Did the javadoc generation work for you then?

> Sorry if this is too trivial for the developer mailinglist but I
> haven't
> found a bugzilla or the like so I could send a patch file.

Now fixed - thanks!

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/