geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: javax.mail code
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:49:07 GMT
> But wouldn't it be better to use code refactored from JAMES?

Well yeah. except that James doesn't have an implementation of javaMail :-)

We only use outgoing Smtp and that from the RI (though we keep discussing
implementing it ourselves), and the message classes are part of the API,
that is to say they're real functioning classes not interfaces. If you've
written an alternative to MimeMessage et-al you'd be very welcome to discuss
it over at James though where Mime parsing performance is always a hotly
debated topic..

d.