geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Q !
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:42:43 GMT

> I want to ask why everyone wants to recreate the wheel ...
> Why one more J2EE container ....when there are plenty in the market ...
> Instead of developing a new one ... Why don't we contribute to a
> existing one and make it more better ...may be Jboss ....what are we
> going to get out of this ....

A different product, a different licence, different project management, in
other words choice.

I know that everyone else always thinks that one of anything is enough in
IT, but I disagree.
I predict that the time will come when we regret not having greater choice
in the desktop operating system market for reasons which strech far beyond
technical competence.

;-)

d.