geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: [dom4j/w3c] Exposing Documents on geronimo components
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:37:55 GMT
I would say - neither!

The JSR88 deployer will have mechanisms for converting the XML to DDBean and
DConfigBean trees. I would suggest these are exposed rather than the XML in
either form.

This allows the deployer to store the config in any form - we have already
talked about storing config in an external, not-necessarily XML repository
such as RDBMS or JNDI. It also matches the future direction of replacing XML
DDs with J2SE metadata.

--
Jeremy