geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: [services] getting service developers started - the initial component model
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:12:01 GMT

> The danger with using too much JMX is that when components start
> talking to each other using JMX, then it's very difficult to undo at a
> later stage.

Difference between components managing each other (for which JMX may be
good), and invoking each other (for which an alternative may be better).

We need to keep this difference in mind.

We also need to be careful about coupling of implementations and making sure
we keep invocations detached (to allow for redeployment). JMX enforces this,
any other framework needs to support it as well.

--
Jeremy