geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [JNDI] Check-in of simple impl
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:30:19 GMT
I have checked in a simple impl of JNDI for the java: namespace
(o.a.g.naming.java)

This is based on a couple of assumptions:
* that the comp Context for a component is immutable so can be heavily
indexed
* that the majority of lookups are for simple strings (e.g. "env/jdbc/MyDS")
* that we do not need to bind anything to the java: namespace except
java:comp/...

The component Context is taken from a ThreadLocal rather than the context
ClassLoader because for EJBs several components may share the same
classloader. For an EJB this is easy to set up in an Interceptor during
invocation. I am not sure how a Web Container can set this up yet (maybe in
a Valve or equivalent).

--
Jeremy