geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <>
Subject RE: [jndi] Have we found a JNDI impl yet?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:03:45 GMT

Even other Exolab (the group that developed Tyrex) guys - from OpenJMS
- are using an Apache JNDI context, why should not an Apache project
use the stuff it already has at home???

Look at this OpenJMS page:

You can also download OpenJMS from
and look at these avalon classes inside one of their jars:

I already used this Avalon-exscalibur component  (very good with very
clean code) and it has no dependencies on the rest of the Avalon
framework. You can use it quite easily. Javadoc is here:
sources are here:

I don't know why the Avalon guys stopped using it, but last time I
looked it had the cleaner code (yes, I also looked at Tyrex then).

Have fun,
Paulo GAspar

View raw message