geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [jndi] Have we found a JNDI impl yet?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:03:45 GMT
Davanun,

Even other Exolab (the group that developed Tyrex) guys - from OpenJMS
- are using an Apache JNDI context, why should not an Apache project
use the stuff it already has at home???

Look at this OpenJMS page:

http://openjms.sourceforge.net/xref/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/naming/packa
ge-summary.html

You can also download OpenJMS from http://openjms.sourceforge.net/
and look at these avalon classes inside one of their jars:
  openjms-0.7.5.jar

I already used this Avalon-exscalibur component  (very good with very
clean code) and it has no dependencies on the rest of the Avalon
framework. You can use it quite easily. Javadoc is here:

http://avalon.apache.org/api/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/naming/package-summ
ary.html
sources are here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-excalibur/compatibility/src/java/or
g/apache/avalon/excalibur/naming/

I don't know why the Avalon guys stopped using it, but last time I
looked it had the cleaner code (yes, I also looked at Tyrex then).

Have fun,
Paulo GAspar