geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [moving-code] org.apache.management.j2ee.* back to core
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:40:18 GMT

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 09:29  am, Richard Monson-Haefel wrote:

> I'm not an expert at CVS, but isn't it possible to restrict changes to
> particular set of sources to specific parties.  In other words, make
> it so
> that  only a few people in-the-know can modify the source code of the
> 77
> impls.

Not really - unless we split up the project into multiple CVS
repositories  (which I don't like) or use SVN.

Incidentally, one solution to the moving code problem could be to
create the patch from the src directory (rather than the geronimo
directory) then it doesn't matter where the code gets moved to, from
module to module, the patch should still work.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/