geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Notification when moving code
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:06:30 GMT
I just had a fairly bad CVS experience, and I know some others also
have.  The problem is moving code.  This causes big problems for people
with uncommitted changes, and makes for some very unhappy programmers.

I suggest that as a community that we agree to give at least 24 hours
notice of [moving-code] <file-or-directory-name> to the mailing list.
This rule would apply to core sections of code like
org.apache.geronimo.common.State and modules like the move of jsr77 to

I also suggest that committers take a good long look at a patch before
committing it.  Is it using the correct code style?  Is the packaging
correct?  Is it necessary?  I understand the urge to commit patches
from contributors, but please help keep geronimo cruft free.

Given resent major changes to the system, I did a quick code review,
and will send my notes in separate emails.

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network

View raw message