geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Koller, Shmuel" <Shmuel_Kol...@bmc.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo on z/OS Unix
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:35:26 GMT
Alan, z/OS Unix is a fully branded Unix 95 -
yet its has its own C/C++ compiler, IBM JVM and SDK, ebcdic rather ascii,
and many documents (aka IBM Redbooks)  on porting code, including OpenSource
to this platform.

Java code runs as is, but many other things in a product need porting.

The idea is to get Geronimo code,  port it while keeping 100% functionality
on z/OS.

You can get to z/OS Unix using telnel, Xwindows, rlogin, ftp,  etc - work on
shell.

To keep one code base, any C code for example will have to include %ifdef
MVS, if any piece of C.
All to say I foresee the z/OS code base inside geronimo CVS.

Shmuel

-----Original Message-----
From: Cabrera, Alan [mailto:Alan.Cabrera@reuters.com]
Sent: Wed, August 20, 2003 4:46 PM
To: 'geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org'
Cc: 'Shmuel_Koller@bmc.com'
Subject: RE: Geronimo on z/OS Unix

Shmuel,

I'm confused.  If we stick to Jars, what further work needs to be done?

Just curious.

Regards,
Alan

information and to register, visit <http://www.reuters.com/messaging>

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual sender,
except  where  the sender specifically states them to be the views of The
Reuters Group.