geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Koller, Shmuel" <Shmuel_Kol...@bmc.com>
Subject Geronimo on z/OS Unix
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:07:15 GMT
It is proposed to accompany Geronimo with ongoing and consistent project
to port its code to Mainframe (z/OS) Unix Services where
Java2 JVM exists,  being strategically developed by IBM
and it is utilized by WebSphere for z/OS.

I will like to undertake this contribution - produce OpenSource J2EE for yet
another platform, z/OS.
The port to z/OS will take the Unix variant of Geronimo (packaging, scripts)

and will be targetted to full incubation of Geronimo in z/OS Unix Services &
JVM technology.

It should provide ongoing feedback to Geronimo team to keep the deliverables
z/OS Unix compliant.
By end of day - each release shouldrun on z/OS and be accopanied by an
OpenSource IDE (Eclipse)
 to consist a full development/deployment/J2EE container for z/OS.

As previous IBMer - I know IBMis serious contributor to Open Source on one
side -
and actively supports porting code/solutions/products to z/OS Unix+Java
platform

Please respond copy to me,

Shmuel Koller