geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Narayanan Arunachalam" <>
Subject RE: Is a mailing list the best option ?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:43:05 GMT
Even I have the same opinion. Where can we find design documents, UML
models etc.
Narayanan A R

-----Original Message-----
From: Jegadisan Sankar Kumar []
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 8:08 PM
Subject: Is a mailing list the best option ?

This is the first open source project that I have joined, but is there a
better mechanism compared to a mailing list? Just got back, and check my
mail box to find over 200 e-mails. End up having to read replies, and
not knowing what the actual questions were.
  Would it be better to have a forum like environment, whereby people
can track the topics being discussed, and contribute to the ones that
are closest to their hearts? At the very least we can view the
questions, and the replies.
  Also, maybe I need to catch up on my reading, but I seem to notice
coding going on, and people starting to patch the system up. Is there
any design documentation out? Use cases, sequence diagrams ? all that
object oriented design stuff? Would help alot for people to get a
holistic view of what is going on in the system

Greg Wilkins <> wrote:

Paul Hammant wrote:
> Daniel,
>>> Jira is alleged to be the best.
>>> for those that want to play with it.
>> The correct url is:
> Indeed. I'm also guilty of not ready Greg's posting too well, which
> councelling to not use an issue tracker. (Sorry Greg).

I have no problem with using an issue tracker and think that we
should have one.

I just don't think that it will help too much with the problem at hand
now... which is getting lots of patches into a very dynamic system with
a few task loaded committers.

  <> Yahoo! Mobile
- Send free SMS from your PC!

View raw message