geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ned G" <nedg...@optushome.com.au>
Subject RE: Servlet and JSP engine
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:59:55 GMT
I have been reading many email with concern to the name "geronimo" and how
it could offend some if not all native Americans
tribes. What I would like to say that its a name that is been put on a
product that carries pride, hard work and freedom
I cant see why it would or could offend native Americans when they should be
proud to have a product named after them.
I can understand if its been used in an offensive way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ned G [mailto:nedgham@optushome.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2003 3:52 AM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Servlet and JSP engine

I couldnt agree more

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikram Goyal [mailto:tech@craftbits.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 August 2003 9:55 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Servlet and JSP engine

Hello all,

I have been following the list with quite fascination since it began. The
volume of traffic has been quite overwhelming to say the least.

I noticed early on that a conscious decision has been made to avoid
developing a servlet and JSP engine and rather rely on embedding either
Tomcat or Jetty. Is this correct?

If this is the case, is there a rationale decision for this? If we are
developing everything from scratch, then why not the servlet and JSP engine
as well? It makes more sense than embedding other implementations.

Regards,
Vikram Goyal