geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Srihari S" <sriha...@blr.pin.philips.com>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:12:51 GMT
sure..will follow on this thread...i was getting bored without any of u
guys..
coming to the point...i am currently going thru the deployment spec in
detail....it looks exhaustive
and in the way of working that u have suggested i would love to be part of
phase 1...and graduate from there:)

from ur initial understanding of the spec can u elaborate whether the spec
explicitly defines any apis which comes close to the
deployment verifier? Or will it just be an internal module...this
understanding is very necessary before we start on a design

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jonathan Duty [mailto:jduty@jonandkerry.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 3:38 AM
  To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
  Subject: Re: J2EE DeploymentManager

  Count me in on part I for now.  As things get moving I may move between I
and III if we decide to use common objects between the two down the road.
Should we consider these projects running in parallel or as different linear
phases?

  Phases?
  1) research and development of Verification Module

  2) development of Deployment module

  3) Development of Deployment Manager (tie everything together)

  4) development of Wizard (pretty gui stuff usually comes last)

  Also, should we get a Wiki going?

  ~Jonathan

  Labeeb Syed wrote:

So as per continuation:

Verifier -> Deploy Tool -> Deployer.
J2SDK SE: v1.4.2
J2SDK EE: v1.4

Next Step:
We need some documentation on:
I.) Verifier
II.) Deploy Tool Wizard
III.) Deployer

The team for this (so far I believe it is):

Weston P. (Part I)
Chris O.  (Part III)
Jonathon D. (Part ?)
Srihari S. (Part I)
Labeeb S. (Part III)

Please forgive me if I left someone out or made a
mistake in which part I thought you wanted to work on.
I am also assuming the team which is working on the
part is also responsible for its documentation.

--- "Weston M. Price" <weston_p@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Just thought I should start a new thread....

My KMail was getting dominated!

Weston