geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Srihari S" <sriha...@blr.pin.philips.com>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:47:42 GMT
Hi klas
  From the list u have given it looks like you are more focussed on the
requirements for EJB. This is certainly good and infact each of us could
pick some archive of choice to draft the requirements.
Another point is when u put it up on the wiki please put it under the
heading "Checks needed for EJB x.x"/"Generic EJB checks" . It will be easier
for traceability later on.
I will take up the job drafting Generic rules for all types of archives and
the EAR archive.

regards
Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: klas axell [mailto:klasaxell@linuxmail.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 6:53 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)

This is not, by any means, a complete list. Just something to start off
with. And maybe we should divide this list into sublists e.g. EJB 2.x, EJB
1.1 etc. Maybe we shold put these on the wiki instead?

- Check the validty of xml-descriptors
- Does the jar include all the, in the xml-descriptors, specified class
files (ejb, remote, local etc)
- Is the ejb class files implementing the SessionBean or EntityBean
interfaces
- Is the home interface a sub interface of the EJBHome interface
- Is the remote interface a sub interface of the EJBObject interface
- Is the local interface a sub interface of the EJBLocalObject interface
- Are methods in the remote interface implemented in the ejb class
- Are methods in the local interface implemented in the ejb class
- Are there create methods in the home interface
- Are the create methods in the home interface implemented in the ejb class
- Are there post-create methods corresponding to the post methods
- Are there creates in the ejb class but not in the home interface
- Relations between entitys (more on this)

- A question, where do one verify finders/EJB-QL?

Another thing. Is anyone looking at or working with the Timer Service that
is introduced with J2EE 1.4, or is there already an implementation?

/Klas