geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Srihari S" <sriha...@blr.pin.philips.com>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:43:06 GMT
Hi All
  When I was going thru the deployment api spec I thought it would be good
to bring up some points:

>From a preliminary reading of the spec i saw there are no apis explicitly
designed to do the verification
of a deployable unit. From this I infer that the verifier can be an internal
module which could be used
by the deploy tool. So we could go full steam on its design and
implementation. In this regard I am trying to
jot the list of checks that our verifier will have to do (This is mentioned
in the j2ee specs).
So in a way it will be equivalent to arriving at requirement specs for the
verifier.
With the list of dos and donts that a verifier has to achieve we could go
abt with design.Also the design of
ant hooks can be taken care.Can we??

Next is something abt the big picture. Certainly the verifer is a small part
of the deployment process.
But to achieve compliance we will have to implement the deployment spec as a
whole. Has anyone given
thought to this issue?

regards
Hari