geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: API Source code for JSR specs
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:44:16 GMT
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 07:46 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>> org.apache.javax.mail (for the implementation)
>
> Not really fond of nesting spec packages... but that is just me.

It is nor just you.  I really don't like this.  If java mail will be
part of Geronimo it should go into org.apache.geronimo.mail.  If it
will go into (top-level) commons, org.apache.commons.mail.

I suggest we do not use the name java or javax in or package space as
those packages imply they are associated with JavaSoft.

-dain