geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Nanduri, Amarnath" <Amar.Nand...@AgilQuest.com>
Subject RE: documentation
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:11:34 GMT
Hi James,

     I think there should be at least a group of developers that deal
exclusively with the documentation. This group responsibility is to
create extensive documentation of the architecture and what assumptions
were made. My thinking is that any person looking at Geronimo for the
first time should not face any hiccups in installing, implementing and
deploying a J2EE application. The documentation should explain precisely
how to go about doing it by providing a sample application and the steps
involved in building and deploying that application (along with any
configuration changes to be made). My belief is that it will jumpstart
application development on the Geronimo platform as there will be less
hurdles to face.
I would volunteer to be a part of this group. In fact I think we should
have a Volunteer - Topic that deals only with documentation.

         Also if any person is interested in knowing the internals, they
should have the necessary documentation with UML diagrams in place and
how everything fits together. I suggest that every group specified in
this link
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/Volunteers-_Topi
cs take care of the necessary design documentation (of the source code
along with UML diagrams) on the stuff they are working on. This will let
any new person joining the group (to contribute) get a head start on the
design and implementation. This way they will be more productive and
also be encouraged, by having fewer hurdles to cross...

I would love feedback on this. Thanks.

Cheers,
Amar..

Amarnath Nanduri