geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [build] Only run tests if something changed?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 06:57:38 GMT

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 11:03  pm, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 03:48 PM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

>>> unit

>>> default
>>>
>>> This is a good argument, especially as more tests are added. Does
>>> anyone
>>> know how this can be accomplished in Maven?
>>
>> I can see where there'd be situations where you may not expect that,
>> though. For example, JavaMail depends on Activation, and I could
>> change something in Activation (and only re-run Activation tests)
>> which breaks something later in JavaMail.
>
> This is exactly what I want.  If I change anything in the module (at
> all) or if one of my dependencies is new, run all of the module tests,
> otherwise don't.

Why not just run the tests in the module you're in?

	cd geronimo/modules/foo
	maven test

I'm not aware of any mechanism for only running the tests in a module
if a dependent jar has changed. I wonder if the Continuum thingy  -
Continuous Integration for Maven - could handle this kinda thing.  Or
you could add this as a feature request in Maven's JIRA.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/