geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: SVN on MacOS X
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:54:20 GMT
[12:24:39] dain$ svn --version
svn, version 0.23.0 (r5962)
    compiled Aug 14 2003, 01:46:05

Copyright (C) 2000-2003 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV)
protocol.
   - handles 'http' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
   - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
   - handles 'svn' schema

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 03:46 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> What version of svn did fink install?
>
> --jason
>

> On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 05:07  AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I got it working on my Mac and I barely know how this thing works.
>> Just install Fink Commander and click on the svn module (then wait 3
>> hours while  builds it from source... macs are slooooow).
>>
>> Then I installed a Java GUI wrapper package, supervision, and it all
>> seems to work well.
>>
>> -dain
>>
>> On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 04:08 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>>> Brian,
>>>
>>> I'm finding it interesting that no one else seems to be commenting
>>> about Mac
>>> OS X support, but if there is someone around (Justin, perhaps?), who
>>> could
>>> do a build for him, that could put an end to the discussion.
>>>
>>> I get the strong feeling that he's a Java IDE person and probably
>>> doesn't
>>> know how to build a native code app.
>>>
>>> Eventually, it might be nice if subeclipse adopted Harald Wellmann's
>>> vision
>>> to use the webdav transport, rather than having to have any native
>>> code on
>>> the client.  Wouldn't bother me to see SVN-UP's native code approach
>>> deprecated.
>>>
>>> 	--- Noel

>>  * Dain Sundstrom
>>  * Partner