geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject web admin console (was Re: WebServices & UI team)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:38:17 GMT
There's already a pretty good JMX based web administration console
inside Tomcat...

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/admin/

Its currently using JSP & Struts and looks pretty easy to extend. Maybe
that should serve as a base to manage all of Geronimo as well as
Tomcat/Jetty? It also looks like it shouldn't be too hard to add some
nice custom pages to make management easier - just generating stuff
from straight JMX can often lead to a clumsy management console - this
would allow us to make it pretty neat.

It seems silly to reinvent the wheel when this existing web application
already does most things we need. (I've added this item to the todo
list).

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:22  pm, Rahul wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'd like to contribute for Web Services and UI (admin console) but
> haven't come across any threads discussing same.
> Any clues if there's been anything already initiated on same ?
>
> cheers,
>
> Rahul

James
-------