geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lyytinen Joonas" <joonas.lyyti...@cons.sonera.com>
Subject RE: One True Way (TM) of handling configuration files
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:33:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm sorry, if my previous mails were a little confusing :)

There are normally two kinds of configuration files for JARs/WARs/EARs. The first
set of XML-files is specified in the J2EE spec (e.g. web.xml, ejb-jar.xml etc.) these
MUST be included in the ear file. Then there is an other set of confiration files, which
specify J2EE implementation specific stuff (e.g. in Weblogic: weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, weblogic.xml,
etc..). IMHO, this former kind of configuration files should not be included in the EAR, mostly
because
they are not part of the J2EE spec, and including them in the EAR/WAR/JAR makes application
portablity between app-servers more difficult.