geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lyytinen Joonas" <>
Subject RE: how about maven?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:43:20 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the list and don't know how much general discussion around
this has allready been had, but before starting the implementation of
the EJB container a good deal of though probably should be given to the
implementation architecture of the EJB container.

AFAIK currently there are three approaches to the EJB problem domain

	1. Managing the EJB's using reflection
	2. Managing the EJB's through dynamic proxies
	3. Managing the EJB's using JMX

Of these, the last one is newest and thus has the least references. There is a good
academic study on the first two approaches (
which states that there is no major performance  differences between the two.

Has anyone any experiences with the JMX approach and data of it's performance?
Maybe it would be beneficial to build small POC's of each before starting the proper

> how about MX4J code, I see the code is
> under  License: Apache Software License
> that a good thing :-)

View raw message