geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Standard @version tags
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:18:19 GMT
To revisit some of the earlier discussions regarding this:

o We don't include author, because it's accessible from the CVS log
o Since we can also find out the date from the CVS log, there's no
point in having that in the source code as well

It seemed to be the case that using $Date$ was therefore redundant,
because you could easily find out how old the source was from CVS.

[See earlier discussions, and reasoning on $Revision$ instead of $Id$,
which is basically Revision/Date/Author/whatever]

Alex.