geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:49:10 GMT
I totally agree.  Services like persistence and remoting should be
reused as munch as possible throughout the system.  JNDI could be
broken down as follows:

Remoting <---> JNDI Logic <---> Persistence

                    +----> JAAS/JACC (authentication/authorization)

JNDI may also want to use a cluster aware cache service.

Since we don't have any of these services, I think we should just focus
on keeping the code clean and decoupled, with the idea that we will
plugin other services as they are completed.  Build for today, but
allow for the changes coming tomorrow.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner