geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Choice of impl
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:28:33 GMT

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 05:21  pm, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> There seem to be three choices on the table so far:
> 1) commons-sandbox/naming (the one extracted from Tomcat)

This is already available for use...

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/naming/

I can deploy a snapshot version to Maven's repository if you fancy
having a play. Its already used inside Tomcat so it makes a suitable
base on which to work.

> 2) Jetty's

We should probably merge all the good stuff Jan/Greg mentioned into the
Jakarta Commons Naming implementation. There might be stuff in Commons
Naming we don't need and new stuff we need to add but it looks a
reasonable start.

> 3) OpenEJB's

We can only use the binary distro of this provider. Could someone from
OpenEJB compare and contrast this against the other 2 implementations?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/