geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mahler Thomas <thomas.mah...@itellium.com>
Subject [persistence] Some thoughts regarding CMP and JDO
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:02:09 GMT
Hello all,

I'm contacting you on behalf of the Apache OJB development team
(http://db.apache.org/ojb).
OJB is part of the Apache DB subproject and aims at providing first class
standards based object relational mapping technology. We are currently
finalizing our 1.0 release.

Our team is excited to have a complete J2EE implementation at Apache and we
are willing to contribute to your project.

OJB is heavily used in Tomcat, JBOSS and other application server
environments and supports JTA and JCA.
OJB provides special support for implementing BMP solutions easily.
It provides ODMG and JDO compliant APIs.

That's why we feel that OJB is a natural choice if you are thinking about a
persistence engine to implement CMP (and maybe JDO). We are willing to
integrate all necessary changes into our codebase.
Who is working on persistence concepts? Whom could we contact to get
involved into the respective discussions?
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me or the ojb developer
mailing list.

cheers and all the best for this new project,
Thomas Mahler

OJB developer
mailto:thma@apache.org