geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [website] : navigation
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:03:03 GMT
Sorry, took me so long to respond.

> Having just tried it on geronimo, it seems to have complaints with the
> geronimo layout of projects :-0. The intention with Maven (based on all
> projects i've seen, and what the Maven developers say) is that you
> have a
> top-level project, and sub-projects off that - and the multiproject
> plugin

Geronimo is setup like this, though there are ow different types of
sub-projects (modules and specs).

> seems to need this (understandably when you know how it does its work).
> However with geronimo it seems to be structured to have the "main"
> project
> off in a etc directory for some reason.

etc/* are just globals, the nesting structure of sub-projects is
{modules|specs}/*project.xml

> The only problem you've got is that the current geronimo project
> structure
> doesn't have the main project at the top-level ! :-( Is there a good
> reason
> why its up in the etc directory ?

Yes there is a good reason ;-)  IMO multiproject does not appear to fit
our needs.  It would be nice to have navigation auto-generated, and I
may have a look to see how mulitproject works to implement something
similar.  Specifically it does not appear that it will be able to
handle the different types of sub-projects as sections in nav.

I think in the short-term we will end up writing some geronimo plugins
to handle this, which can then be integrated back into the proper maven
bits as needed or desired.

--jason