geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: About patches
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:50:42 GMT
On Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003, at 18:08 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> This is my personal opinion, but I would prefer patches to be
> submitted relative to the project root.  Looks like most patches have
> been, so no big deal there.  However attachments of new files in JAR
> format are a pain.  ZIP or TAR GZ files would be much easier to
> handle, with files relative to the project root.

JAR files /are/ ZIP files. They just use a different extension.

Creating files relative to the project root is easy enough; however, if
you use broken tools like WinZip then it may silently take off the
top-level directory without informing you. Command line tools (tar,
jar) don't have that problem.

Alex.