geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: XMLBeans, a quick comment
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:13:24 GMT
>> It sounds like this is possible with XMLBeans, though it would still
>> be better IMO if it XML was not a dependency, so for embedded
>> solutions which do not need or want any XML processing we could drop
>> those dependencies to provide a smaller footprint.
>
> Am not sure its that big a deal right now - adding 1 extra jar to the
> container (which Castor would anyways). Plus right now XMLBeans is the
> only tool that can actually do the job. Until someone else can find
> another tool that works, there is no choice :)

That is fine.  I was not concerned about the depend on the xmlbeans
jar, but more so the various support xml jars (jaxp, blah, blah, blah).

Not a big deal, just wanted to try to avoid a dependency on XML as I
believe that it should be possible to embed Geronimo in an environment
where XML is not a used at all.

--jason