geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: Author Tags
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:33:28 GMT
Author tags in source code is a bad idea.  As many  have pointed out
you can determine responsibility from cvs and give credit on a web
page.  To me, its important that the entire community feels that they
have ownership (responsibility and credit) for all the code. That's
what open source is all about, after all.  Author tags serve no other
purpose, IMO, than to give a developer bragging rights to some portion
of the project.  A credits page would be a much more effective
instrument for giving credit.