geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:38:31 GMT
On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 07:11 Europe/London, Kristian Koehler wrote:

> Hi Siva, Hi Alex
>
> of course this is a possible workaround (this is what we are doing
> right now), but on the other hand why skip all working tests just
> because one single test fails while attempting to connect via HTTP?
>
> It just doesn't seem like the right thing to do IMHO.
>
> So why not change the test to run everywhere out of the box?

I also think that it shouldn't be the default to run tests during
compilation/build. Tests should be something that a developer does
after a successful build (of the entire system), as opposed to a core
part of the build process.

Either that, or a not-build-but-everything-but-tests target should be
created; I've not managed to find one in Maven so far (at least, one
that does everything bar test).

Alex.