geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject [Build] Where to put resources?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:34:02 GMT
I've got a build issue to solve; there is a properties file in the
JavaMail implementation in
specs/javamail/src/java/META-INF/javamail.default.providers

I was expecting to see this file in
target/classes/META-INF/javamail.default.providers, but it's not there.
I thought that the compile process copied all non-Java files from the
src/java/ directory into the classes directory?

If I've misunderstood the build process, then how can these be put in
there?

They are also missing from the built JAR file as well.

And yes, it must be in META-INF. No, it's not a user-configurable
configuration file; it's something the developer provides as a
read-only fallback for when the user doesn't provide anything.

(See http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/mail/Session.html if
you want the ins and outs)

Alex.