geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject request for testing volunteers (was Re: volunteer)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:35:57 GMT

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 08:50  pm, Gary Yang wrote:

> I guess you can just compile and run Geronimo. If you find errors,
> report
> to here or bugzilla:-)

I'd love it if we could use JIRA for tracking issues & bugs & tasks to
do etc  but thats another issue...

> Is there any unit test, integration test and/or regression test plan?

There's still plenty to work on from the testing perspective. No need
to plan or organise teams - just dive in and do stuff! :)

I've added some broad items to the TODO list...

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/TO-DO

in particular

* hitting 100% coverage on the Clover report of the JUnit tests
* create a number of use case unit tests testing the expected
functionality of the whole J2EE container
* create some J2EE compliance unit tests - similar to the above but
using references to the relevant J2EE specification parts
* integration testing plan & implementation

Pretty much all of the above can be done now - no need to wait - get
hacking or documenting! :)

Creating our own specification or user case test suite could be just
based on the usual J2EE APIs and so be reusable on any J2EE container.

> From: "Yuri Tello" <ytello@sbs.gob.pe>
> Hi All,
>        I would like to contribute in Testing Geronimo. Please let me
> know
> whom to
> contact.

James