geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers - Topics AND Configuration
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:32:40 GMT
I don't think it has been 'chosen' at all. It was a discussion to bring
out the pros and cons of either.

IMHO the ConfAsReg is a good one to go for because it offers clear
benefits when clustering occurs. But there's still a lot to be worked
out in the meantime ...

Depending on how the initial code cut works, it may be that it uses an
XML file to describe a number of MBeans in use as the JMXAsKernel, and
that may be the dominant configuration mechanism in the short term. But
if we can, we should aim for a generic Configuration repository that
can switch at a later stage.

Alex.