geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [xmlbeans] quick heads up on experimental module
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:50:43 GMT

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:26  pm, James Strachan wrote:
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:23  pm, Ou, Rong wrote:
>
>> I played around a little with BEA's XMLBeans
>> (http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/xmlbeans/) and it seemed to work
>> better than JAXB. They do claim 100% XML Schema support :). Not sure
>> about licensing compatibility.
>
> Its definitely next on my list to play with unless anyone else beats
> me to it. Plus XMLBeans is meant to be incubating at Apache sometimes
> soon (not seen anything in CVS yet).

Its ironic that I chose the same CVS module name as 'XMLBeans' - I have
only just realized :).

Oh and one of the examples in XMLBeans is for creating beans for the
J2EE schema which makes it look a likely contender! Especially once its
ASF licensed. Though the 3.4Mb jar looks quite big - though there is
heaps of stuff in there we don't need (WSDL stuff and heaps of schemas
and stuff).

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/