geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <>
Subject Re: [JavaMail] APIs around the corner ...
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 04:10:19 GMT
I think we should, eventually, shoot for a very rich JAF library.  It can be
really useful -- not just for JavaMail but for JAX-RPC and SAAJ too.

On 8/14/03 9:37 AM, "Alex Blewitt" <> wrote:

> I'm a few classes short of an API for JavaMail at the moment, so I want
> to notify people :-)
> I'm guessing that there will be at least one more module for the mail
> APIs, probably two (API + Impl).
> However, JavaMail depends on JavaActivationFramework (JAF) for its
> code. So if I submit the files as a patch/JAR, it needs to find these.
> I've created a DummyJAF.jar (and/or empty classes) that can be used to
> allow the compile process to go ahead, but clearly these don't want to
> be part of the managed source. Is it possible to set up a dependency so
> that the JavaMail depends on this DummyJAF.jar file/and/or source?
> Altrnatively, if we have a placeholder JAF module then this may also
> work.
> Lastly, the copyright/license in the top of the files needs to be one
> that says 'This is part of a Sun spec; you're not allowed to change
> it'. Do we have one of these lying around and/or can someone mail it to
> me?
> Thanks,
> Alex.

Richard Monson-Haefel
Co-Founder\Developer, Apache Geronimo
Author of:
  J2EE Web Services (AW 2003)
  Enterprise JavaBeans, 4ed (O'Reilly 2004)
  Java Message Service (O'Reilly 2000)

View raw message