geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: XMLBeans, a quick comment
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:56:35 GMT
> However the point of these beans is to act as the POJO API for working
> with the XML config files. So I don't see much value in using the
> beans without the XML config files. So I don't see this extra-jar
> dependency as a big issue. Even if you were not using an XML config
> file, the XPath & XSD validation is extremely useful too.

I understand, though I would like to find a common binding framework
which the entire project could use.

Take for example if there was a WAR deployer which took one of these
objects (not a URL to an XML file or whatever), then you could
programatically install web-apps with out having to deal with XML at
all.

It sounds like this is possible with XMLBeans, though it would still be
better IMO if it XML was not a dependency, so for embedded solutions
which do not need or want any XML processing we could drop those
dependencies to provide a smaller footprint.

--jason