geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Introduction and question re: JavaMail
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:21:00 GMT
Good call. I suggest working with the o.a.g.mail.SMTPTransport class,
though I think it is also desirable to have an AbstractTransport
abstract superclass that you can descend from. If there's any common
functionality that occurs, it can go in the AbstractTransport, which
will make it easier to write other transports later.

I think that the code should live in the \modules\javamail\src\java,
rather than \specs\javamail\src\java, because it's an Apache
implementation.

Note that ATM the MimeMessage class doesn't work in its entirety, so it
might be an idea to write a dummy class for testing initially.

Alex.