geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: SVN? (was: geronimo-dev Digest 12 Aug 2003 21:59:40 -0000 Issue 39)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:26:50 GMT
If subversion will work reliably, especially on my mac (with out me
having to hack my fink dist too much), and provides the required
functionality with little or no pain, then I think we should go for it.
  I am worried about how production ready it is.  I do not want to spend
time debugging subversion... at all.

When I started setting her up for CDN that is what I was doing once I
got all the bits in place... debugging it to find out why it was not
working as advertised.  But, if we have a secure install that is
functional (and someone else who knows better than me, is maintaining
it) then we have nothing to loose and much to gain.

Lets get some more details and play with it, then we can evaluate and
make a decision.  I am not willing to blindly jump, as I am sure not
many of you are either... but CVS has pissed me off too many times in
the past, so I am ready to toss it to the rubbish bin if subversion is
ready to take its place.

--jason